Here are 10 things, taken from Is Homeschooling Right for You, to consider as you embark on this new journey.
1. The time commitment.
2. The personal commitment.
3. The financial commitment. (While some people go all out for curriculum, there are also many effective and low cost/no cost methods as well.)
4. Socialization/Co-op Activities.
5. Your household structure.
6. Are both parents in agreement?
7. Is your child on board with homeschooling?
8. Taking it one year at a time.
9. Are you intimidated by educating and leading your children in their learning?
10. Can you relate to why others are choosing to homeschool?
Deciding to homeschool is not about if you'll do a good job
Deciding to homeschool
The various stages of homeschooling
Is homeschooling right for my family?
Are you on the fence about homeschooling? Do you school multiple children in different ways? How did you come to the decision to homeschool? Sound off in the comments!